Safety Communications & Coaching for Supervisors
Course - Online Delivery
Six in-depth modules to build your credibility as a front-line supervisor.
In this 3.5 hour interactive course, Safety Communications & Coaching for Supervisors (SCCS) will shift your mindset to become a much better communicator, coach and a trusted influencer with your employees.
Whether you're relatively new to supervisory or you've been doing it a long time, if you want to be able to act with confidence, to get the trust and respect of your crew, and to raise your credibility as a decent supervisor, Safety Communications & Coaching for Supervisors can help you.
In this course you will learn:
- tools and techniques to avoid slipping into complacency,
- the one key attitude to transform into an exceptional supervisor,
- the tools for a cohesive team willing to look out for each other,
- techniques and strategies for self-motivation and team motivation,
- what employees want from supervisors and from the job,
- how to create employee buy-in to the safety program
Every SCCS module features a 30-45 minute video lesson, followed by a short 3-question quiz. Each module also has downloadable Summary Sheets. And each module comes with a companion audio MP3 version of the full video lesson to listen in your vehicle or on the treadmill.
PeopleWork: The Human Touch in Workplace Safety
Book: Paperback, Kindle, Audiobook
In 2020, BookAuthority.org named PeopleWork the #7 Top Workplace Safety Book Of All Time.
Workplace safety is failing. Despite better procedures now in place on the job, people are still getting hurt. The problem lies in our thinking. We must shift the focus from rules to relationships.
In PeopleWork, author and safety management consultant Kevin Burns presents his M4 Method of people-centered management for safety in the workplace. He lays out the practical, how-to steps that frontline supervisors and safety people can master. This promotes a relationship-based culture focused on mentoring, coaching, and inspiring teams. It’s an approach that ultimately improves employee productivity and allows everyone to achieve their personal goals and the goals of their company.In PeopleWork, you will learn:
- How to build better working relationships with employees
- Strategies to build better, more engaging safety meetings
- Strategies to create employee buy-in to the safety program
- How to build a successful safety communications strategy
- How you can build better influence with your people
- And so much more
With PeopleWork, you can raise workplace safety to a level where it actually works.